Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
geneZebra Resolver II
Resolver II

How to Share a power app to a group?

Hi,
I am looking to share my power app with the same users that have access to the underlying sharepoint list.

I am confused how groups are used for sharing and access for power apps and have the following questions:

1) In Share Point, I can see there are groups that I can see, create, add/remove members etc but they are not recoginized by powerapps when I type in the group name. It also seems all sharepoint site, generare a default "members group". Can a Power app be shared with a sharepoint group?

2) In powerapps console, I can share with groups by typing in the names, but I have no idea who is on these groups or where they come from. Some of the group names look like they come from department names in our company. How can I find out what members are in the groups that appear and how can I add to it or create my own?

3) I found this article https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/sharing-powerapps-with-multiple-users/ which implies group sharing is possible but does not explain it. Other posts in this forum mention AD groups can be used. Is that one of the groups I mention above or something else entirely. 

In short, I do not want have to approve or share my app with every user. there is a group I saw called "everyone" in the company but that is too loose.

Any help or insight appreciated. I am sure it is something basic once I understand how these powerapps compatible groups are formed or viewed.

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to Share a power app to a group?

Hi @geneZebra 

You cannot share powerapps with SP groups nor with Office 365 groups

You can only share them with Azure AD Security groups

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @geneZebra 

You cannot share powerapps with SP groups nor with Office 365 groups

You can only share them with Azure AD Security groups

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

geneZebra Resolver II
Resolver II

any idea on how to find out who created the Azure AD groups I see or view who is in them? I am wondering if my IT dept needs to create a powerapp user group in AD or if it is something I should ask to access to edit.

Thanks,

Gene

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,710)