cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tapesh
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to Validate user image if no image displayed in gallery show other image ?

Hi All

I m trying validate the filed Image in Gallery, which I did figure out how to do it in certain ways, but it shows and error while running the app saying invalid userid  I do not know whats the error actually for as the Id which I have passed is the email ID only and still showing the error as follows:

Tapesh_0-1615210290568.png

Any leads on this error experts/. 

Please see that I used the formula something like this in Gallery Image. 
ON image: 

If(Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata(ThisItem.'Created By'.Email).HasPhoto ,  ThisItem.'Created By'.Picture , 'collaboration-female-male' )

Please note  I also tried below formula as suggested in one of the article and solutions on PowerApps Community but did not seems to be working fine for me. 

If(!IsBlank(ThisItem.'Created By'.Email), If(Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata(ThisItem.'Created By'.Email).HasPhoto ,  ThisItem.'Created By'.Picture , 'collaboration-female-male' ))

AND 

If(!IsBlank(Text(ThisItem.'Created By'.Email)), If(Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata(Text(ThisItem.'Created By'.Email)).HasPhoto ,  ThisItem.'Created By'.Picture , 'collaboration-female-male' ))

BUT NO LUCK 

Thank you for helping on, much appreciated your time and efforts 

Thanks a million.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tapesh ,

I have done a test on my side using three formulas you provided and they all work well:

v-albai-msft_0-1615442471352.png

v-albai-msft_1-1615442471354.png

v-albai-msft_2-1615442471357.png

Not sure if below formula can work but you can have a try:

If(
    !IsBlank(ThisItem.'Created By'.Email),
    If(
        Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata(ThisItem.'Created By'.Email).HasPhoto = true,
        Office365Users.UserPhotoV2(ThisItem.'Created By'.Email),
        'collaboration-female-male'
    )
)

Besides, if above still cannot work, since everything works fine on my side, I would suggest you submit a Microsoft Support Ticket at:  https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support. (maybe this is related to the Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata connector itself)

Best Regards,

Allen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tapesh ,

I have done a test on my side using three formulas you provided and they all work well:

v-albai-msft_0-1615442471352.png

v-albai-msft_1-1615442471354.png

v-albai-msft_2-1615442471357.png

Not sure if below formula can work but you can have a try:

If(
    !IsBlank(ThisItem.'Created By'.Email),
    If(
        Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata(ThisItem.'Created By'.Email).HasPhoto = true,
        Office365Users.UserPhotoV2(ThisItem.'Created By'.Email),
        'collaboration-female-male'
    )
)

Besides, if above still cannot work, since everything works fine on my side, I would suggest you submit a Microsoft Support Ticket at:  https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support. (maybe this is related to the Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata connector itself)

Best Regards,

Allen

View solution in original post

Tapesh
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Thanks a million for the solution @v-albai-msft  sir, it did work fine and not showing any error as of now. 

Thanks Again 🙂 for sharing the knowledge

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,374)