cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to View Data in Template Data Sources

I am looking at the sample Service Desk application and would like to create something similar but I don't know what fields are in each of the Data Source tables.  Is there a way to download the sample data source tables?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ryanmch
Power Apps
Power Apps

When you create an app from template, the template data is stored in the location you selected when you selected the template. In my case, I used OneDrive for Business and the Excel file (data.xlsx) for my app based on the Service Desk template is stored in my OneDrive for Business under the path PowerApps\Templates\ServiceDesk_fe514fcf-e98a-3c76-e73b-6a00f7a78de8.

Please reply back if you still are unable to find the data file.

Ryan McHenry [MSFT - PowerApps]

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Ryanmch
Power Apps
Power Apps

When you create an app from template, the template data is stored in the location you selected when you selected the template. In my case, I used OneDrive for Business and the Excel file (data.xlsx) for my app based on the Service Desk template is stored in my OneDrive for Business under the path PowerApps\Templates\ServiceDesk_fe514fcf-e98a-3c76-e73b-6a00f7a78de8.

Please reply back if you still are unable to find the data file.

Ryan McHenry [MSFT - PowerApps]

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see it there.  Thank you so much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to create a survey using the Employee Engagement Survey Template. Its data is stored as an imported spreadsheet.

Is there anyway to view these spreadsheets so i can see what data it requires?

Admin365
Regular Visitor

i'm beginner in powerapps, i try to save as but cannot find OneDrive.

How to see/edit excel template?

Please advice and thank you.

@Admin365 ,

You have posted this on a closed post - please do a new thread next time - it was fortunate that I actually fond this.

See screen short below - the first two will open your OneDrive - you need to format your data area in Excel as a Table then file it in OneDrive. The third picture is how you connect it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

OnDriveFind.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use the inventory Management template, the conections is a file from excel "Product". I can not find it in one drive

Omkara
Frequent Visitor

I created Interview tool from Template, I'm trying to renaming the depts names and candidate names, but it was showing as default.

can you please help!!

@Omkara ,

Can you please post this as a new thread - this one was closed long ago

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,423)