Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AkshaySolanki
Helper I
Helper I

How to add SharePoint line item comment section in associated Power App

Hello,

I have a Form Power App which is created using a SharePoint list. It is a basic Canvas app.

I have managed to pull necessary fields in the app from SharePoint list but I am curios about the "Comment" section we see in SharePoint list's Line item when someone tries to edit.

AkshaySolanki_0-1650639763785.png

How can I add this comment field in my Power App which is created using this SharePoint list so I direct all my users to powerapp instead of SharePoint and they can comment on a particular line item within the app just like the SharePoint comment feature in the above image?

AkshaySolanki_1-1650639958044.png

I cant find that "Comment" field in the power app.
Does anyone know how can I add the same comment field in my Power App as well?

Thanks in advance.

Akshay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Power Apps append changes to existing text (Append Comments) - YouTube

This video from Reza is all I was looking for.
Simple and easy to implement.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AsanKani
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Refer this post....
Display SharePoint list item comments - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

"There are no out of the box functionalities to retrieve and display the comments made in SharePoint on Power Apps side.

You can check below document and see if it will be useful for your implementation, please keep in mind, it will be necessary to create a flow and you should take in consideration the flow and action limits execution."

Display Appended Comments Version History From SharePoint List On PowerApps (c-sharpcorner.com)

Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Power Apps append changes to existing text (Append Comments) - YouTube

This video from Reza is all I was looking for.
Simple and easy to implement.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,141)