cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kumar9024021 Helper V
Helper V

How to add a banner/header that group the related fields - Powerapps

Hi,

I would like to add a banner/header in Powerapps which group related fields. From the below image, I would like to add "Search Request" header. Any idea how to do so, so that all fields are inside that header area.

Pic1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to add a banner/header that group the related fields - Powerapps

Hey @Kumar9024021 

In case you want to show a header type of a view, make sure that the alignment of the label2 (border thickness 1 and bordercolor:grey.) is set to back. You can set this by:

Left Pane: Select the label control and open the three dots on it. Now, select Align from the open menu and select Send to Back.

This will move the control to the back of the screen so that all other controls can be used properly. Also, this this is just for visual purpose, you can set the Display Mode to View.

112.png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

You could literally just have a label with borders and then individual components like text boxes or drop downs inside it.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com
Kumar9024021 Helper V
Helper V

Hi @PowerAddict ,

I tried adding 2 labels. 1 label, i added a header Search Request with background color grey.

Another label, i added with border thickness 1 and bordercolor:grey.

However, once i add the 2nd label, I am unable to key-in anything in all the textinput fields. It seems like all fields i can view, but cannot key-in anything as per below. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Img3.PNG

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Kumar9024021 

In case you want to show a header type of a view, make sure that the alignment of the label2 (border thickness 1 and bordercolor:grey.) is set to back. You can set this by:

Left Pane: Select the label control and open the three dots on it. Now, select Align from the open menu and select Send to Back.

This will move the control to the back of the screen so that all other controls can be used properly. Also, this this is just for visual purpose, you can set the Display Mode to View.

112.png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kumar9024021 ,

Could you please share a bit more about these fields that you mentioned? Are they individual fields/controls or all fields existed within a Edit form?

If these field that you mentioned are existed within a Edit form, I think the Custom data card could achieve your needs. You could consider add a Custom data card in your Edit form, then re-order it to the Top as below:

10.JPG

Then add a Label within the Custom data card, set Text property to following:

Search Request

11.JPG

Then re-order data cards in your Edit form, it would display as below:

12.JPG

In addition, you could also consider enable the "Container control" functionality in your app, then you could add your field controls into this container control.

13.JPG

Then add a Container control within your app:

14.JPG

Then you could add your "Search Request" Label and all your field controls into this Container control. You could also change the Border color of this Container control to meet your needs.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,899)