cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bfausti
Helper II
Helper II

How to add a horizontal line or border bottom in Canvas

I am trying to add just a simple horizontal line or border bottom and have the ability to change the colour and thickness. Is this possible in Canvas because I can't see how it can be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@bfausti 
Unfortunately there is no property to change only the bottom border, color or thickness.  I suppose if you want you can position a label where you wanted a bottom border, fill it with a color, and change its height.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@bfausti 
Unfortunately there is no property to change only the bottom border, color or thickness.  I suppose if you want you can position a label where you wanted a bottom border, fill it with a color, and change its height.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

@mdevaney  yep that's exactly what I did. Thanks for your help anyway. Hopefully they will add an option for a HR or more border options in the future.

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bfausti ,

There is no line control/icon in PowerApps, but it can be achieved with Rectangle icon by setting Height/Width to 0 and BorderThickness greater than 1, like this:

Snipaste_2020-10-15_10-49-28.png

Then you can use variable to control the color and border thickness as you want.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,218)