Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unknow122
Helper I
Helper I

How to add a screen on powerapp

Hi,

I am creating a powerapp and am in the learning process. So I have a navigation bar( created in the component section). There is a different way to navigate around the screens using a component which I figured out thanks to this community. Now in the navigation component there is a add icon (+). I would like to a new screen on top of the current screen somewhat like this (attached screenshot). Can someone please guide me how to do this? 😄 

unknow122_0-1649212062828.png

3 REPLIES 3
EddieE
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@unknow122 

This is essentially a Pop-Up. Doing a Google search 'PowerApps PopUp' will find heaps of examples but here's one from @mdevaney that is quite good:

https://www.matthewdevaney.com/how-to-create-a-pop-up-menu-in-power-apps/

The basics are

- add a rectangle, set it's fill and transparency to suit your needs

- on top of that add the rest of your controls ie Labels / Buttons / Icons / etc

- make sure all of these controls sit above the existing controls on your screen (TIP: use Ctrl+[ or Ctrl-] to move selected controls up and down)

- make sure you include a 'X' (cancel) icon somewhere

- Group all of these PopUp controls into a Group

- Set the Visibility property of this Group to some variable name eg showPopUp

- On the OnSelect of your '+' icon, set this variable to true, ie

UpdateContxt({ showPopUp: true })

- On the OnSelect of your cancel icon, add this code (TIP: you can also add this code to the OnSelect of your rectangle if you like?)

UpdateContxt({ showPopUp: false })

Then, get creative 🙂

@EddieE , Since I am dealing with components, how do I do that? Like the last 3 steps? I tried to Set the Visibility property of this Group to some variable name eg showPopUp. But I am getting an error and it disappears due to error. 

For OnSelect of your '+' icon( is this the navigation bar + icon ? And if so, how do I use updatecontext in the component area? As I am not navigating to the add screen. But rather behaves as a pop up screen)  set this variable to true, ie 

UpdateContxt({ showPopUp: true })

@unknow122 

I must admit, I steer away from components. I had a similar menu bar component that stopped working after a few months so I don’t use them anymore.

However, from memory, components have inputs and outputs and you can set variables using these properties. To do what you want I think you to use the output property but I’ve forgotten how that works. YouTube will be able to tell you though and there are some great videos out there. You could also try searching @mdevaney blog site for component posts, I think he has one?

Sorry I cannot be of more help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,005)