cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: How to add comment in version?

Please implement this.  It's such obvious functionality to have and you would think it to be relatively straightforward?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

July 2019 guys 

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Gonna throw my hat in the ring for another bump. 

From the outside this looks like a relatively small change to make the already existing setup for it work. Just add a comment field somewhere next to the save button and connect the wires. This would be extremely useful for development and version management.

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Versioning management without this feature is really hard. Please implement version comments.

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Apparently still no way to fill that column
image.png
Bump!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, seems like an easy fix. Would be OK with it just showing the first part of the description, too. Doesn't even need to be a new field

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Well, I have just taken a different approach and created a "Release Notes" screen and added a Multi-line text box and I just update the that each time I make a change / release.

At this time, I've chosen not to provide navigation to it, but I guess I could add an "About" button to show it.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Sooooooooooo...................................... so there's a comment column buuuuuuuuuuuut we can't add comments to it?????????????????????????????????????????????????

How typically Microsoft. Hey folks get off their back though. They needed that extra time to update connectors to Trello, Blabo, Huplabubby (yes I made up two of them. That's how ludicrous this really is) and some other such rediculous things likely only a very small percentage uses. Meanwhile, likely "ALLLLLL", "EVERYONE" that creates apps would use this comments for testing.

As is Microsoft, they should put some buttons on the bottom of the page that don't do # all, just to iritate us more. I wish Apple had some kind of similar tecgnology. I'd be there in a flash.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Ok as a workaround but it doesn't really help when you want to rollback to a certain release as that about screen won't be visible for every version like the comment field in question.

Still, thumbs up for the idea.

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi all,

Seem like Microsoft added something around PowerApps Release 3.19093.16.
image.pngimage.png

Best of luck,
    Sa.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,539)