cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

How to add customized text in a choice column in SharePoint list

Hi All,

I am using a SharePoint list as datasource in my PowerApp, daily I need to collect data via my app. The datasource has a choice column, usually all I need to do is to choose my options, but occasionally, I need to type some customized text because it is not included in this column's choices.

I tried to set the column's property in SharePoint to enable input customized text,  it worked in Sharepoint, I can customize my options; However, in my app, even if I type the customize options, the data fail to upload to SharePoint list.

I don't know how to fix it, hope you guys can kindly help me. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

solved!

refer this page: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/SharePoint-Choice-Fill-in-option/idi-p/83218#co...

refer to @AlexN 's answer

don't forget to check allow custom choices in the sharepoint list. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @clare-sy, Can you please add the formula you are using to upload the data in SharePoint list y editing your question? That will be helpful for us to answer your question more precisely.

Please click Accept as solution if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

hi@ganeshsanap 

I am not using any extra formula except the original code in Powerapps when it created through Sharepoint. My Apps is generated via Sharepoint list rather than build from totally blank

The first picture shows the choices column's setting, I translate some text into English for your understanding, in the part I circled , once I click add values manually, then I can add values besides those 3 options. 

The 2nd picture is in powerapps, the card called "color" is a dropdown control and only have 3 options ,its item property is also showed in picture;

in this card ,I can type some other value like"black",but the value cannot upload to SharePoint list.

solved!

refer this page: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/SharePoint-Choice-Fill-in-option/idi-p/83218#co...

refer to @AlexN 's answer

don't forget to check allow custom choices in the sharepoint list. 

View solution in original post

Hi @clare-sy ,

Use inside Update property of the DataCard a code similar to:

If(

!IsBlank(DataCardValue4.Selected.Value),

DataCardValue4.Selected,

{Value:DataCardValue4.SearchText}

)

where DataCardValue4 is the name of your ComboBox.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,000)