cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trishmalloy Post Patron
Post Patron

How to add data to SharePoint from PowerApps?

Hello,

How can ad-hoc data ("allow fill-in choices") from a pre-populated combo box be added to SharePoint from PowerApps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to add data to SharePoint from PowerApps?

Hi @trishmalloy ,

The reason why you met this problem is that:

The text that you fill in combo box manually is used to search the items that has existed in the combo box's Items.

It can not represent as combo box.Selected value, so it will not be used as updated value.

"combo box.Selected" could only return value when you act the action "select".

So to choose choices and add choice, I suggest you not use combo box.

Combo box can not be used to enter data to update.

I suggest you insert a textinput and a button to make this.

I've made a similar test for your reference:

1)insert another textinput and another button in the choice datacard (do not delete the combo box)

2)set the button's OnSelect:

ClearCollect(test,Choices([@list1].choicefield));If(IsEmpty(Filter(test,Value=TextInput1.Text)),Collect(test,{Value:TextInput1.Text}))

3)set the combo box's Items:

test

//Then, if you want to enter new choice value, please fill in data in the textinput, then click the button.

Then you choose items in the combo box, the added choice will display in the combo box list.You could choose it to update.

1131.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

What kind of column is behind the combobox choices in SharePoint?  If its a Choice column that has been set to allow Fill-in Choices you should be able to add the value using a Patch statement or Submit the same way you normally would.  Are you sure the SharePoint column is set to allow Fillin?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
trishmalloy Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi Paul,

I made sure the column (choice) was set to allow fill-in data.  I see "Find Items" on the combo box but when I type in an entry that isn't there, I can't press enter to add the item into the SharePoint column.  If this can be done I'm not sure how to do it, and is there a way to alphabetize the choices that are manually entered into PowerApps?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

YOu'll need to pick up the value from the SearchText property of the combobox.  That will give you the value to patch.  Take a look at this previous thread.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Allow-ComboBox-Fill-In-Values/td-p/233805

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @trishmalloy ,

The reason why you met this problem is that:

The text that you fill in combo box manually is used to search the items that has existed in the combo box's Items.

It can not represent as combo box.Selected value, so it will not be used as updated value.

"combo box.Selected" could only return value when you act the action "select".

So to choose choices and add choice, I suggest you not use combo box.

Combo box can not be used to enter data to update.

I suggest you insert a textinput and a button to make this.

I've made a similar test for your reference:

1)insert another textinput and another button in the choice datacard (do not delete the combo box)

2)set the button's OnSelect:

ClearCollect(test,Choices([@list1].choicefield));If(IsEmpty(Filter(test,Value=TextInput1.Text)),Collect(test,{Value:TextInput1.Text}))

3)set the combo box's Items:

test

//Then, if you want to enter new choice value, please fill in data in the textinput, then click the button.

Then you choose items in the combo box, the added choice will display in the combo box list.You could choose it to update.

1131.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,818)