cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AnnRGM
Frequent Visitor

How to adjust Height of DataCardValue when displaying SharePoint Choice fields with SelectMultiple turned on

Hi all. Looking for help. I can't figure out how to automatically adjust the height of a data card VALUE field.

My SharePoint list has about 20 choice fields with about 60 choices each (country/business unit combinations). Each choice field is set to allow multiple choices. I am creating a screen for managers to approve a request. They need to review the selections made by an employee. The selections are shown on a Display Form. With this many fields and possible choices, I need to control the height of the data being shown. Not only do I need to make sure nothing is truncated, I also need to minimize the amount of white space or managers will be scrolling for a long time.

A data card VALUE field does not have a WRAP option (I would be ok with a scrollbar) nor an AutoHeight option. I am willing to put a formula into the height field of every single data card, similar to this solution.  However, I can't figure out the length of my data. I've tried using DataCardValue.Selected.Value - that doesn't work and anyway only gives me the last selection that the user made. Somehow, I need to be able to look at the text of DataCardValue.SelectedItems.

I am starting to think about using an Excel sheet...which seems like it would be defeating the purpose of giving the managers a lovely PowerApp.

Thanks in advance for help and suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: How to adjust Height of DataCardValue when displaying SharePoint Choice fields with SelectMultiple turned on

Hi @AnnRGM ,

The formula

Len(Concat(YourComboBoxName.SelectedItems,Value))

will give you the total length of the text in the selected items. You could calculate the Height based on the average number of characters that fit on a line in your control. NOTE Value may be something else (Result or actual field name) depending on the Items of the Combo Box.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: How to adjust Height of DataCardValue when displaying SharePoint Choice fields with SelectMultiple turned on

Hi @AnnRGM ,

The formula

Len(Concat(YourComboBoxName.SelectedItems,Value))

will give you the total length of the text in the selected items. You could calculate the Height based on the average number of characters that fit on a line in your control. NOTE Value may be something else (Result or actual field name) depending on the Items of the Combo Box.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

AnnRGM
Frequent Visitor

This works perfectly. Thank you VERY much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Attending MBAS? Claim your badge

Attending MBAS? Claim your badge

Whether you’re streaming the digital event live, or watching on-demand, claim your attendee badge to sport on your profile.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We're launching a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Emergency Response & Monitoring Solution

Emergency Response & Monitoring Solution

Microsoft has created a regional government emergency response and monitoring solution that is built on Power Apps and Power BI.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,066)