cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slm75
Regular Visitor

How to administrate an application if the author leaves the company?

Hello,

I want to create an app with Power App working with SharePoint lists. But I want to know what will happen if my account is deactivated or I leave the company ? 

How do I configure the application so that even if I leave the company another user can administer it? Do I have to use a special user account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

HI @Slm75 ,
I have a Service account for this very reason - it creates every app and Flow and I then I share them with my account. When I leave, I simply share everything with the new owner/s and pass on the password to the account. They would then delete me before my account is closed.

Note that the apps are shared with Security-enabled Groups, so it is simply a matter of adding them to the Group and deleting me.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

HI @Slm75 ,
I have a Service account for this very reason - it creates every app and Flow and I then I share them with my account. When I leave, I simply share everything with the new owner/s and pass on the password to the account. They would then delete me before my account is closed.

Note that the apps are shared with Security-enabled Groups, so it is simply a matter of adding them to the Group and deleting me.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz Thank you for your answer. This is a good alternative.

But is it possible to have a groupe of owners ?

Rivius
Resolver III
Resolver III

It's tied to whoever is set as the connection owner.  When things change it will hit a snag if the owner is no longer active but remain working until then.  You can change the owner of an app as a PowerPlatform admin through PowerShell.  I've had to do this myself and it works fine.

PowerShell Cmdlets for PowerApps and Flow creators and administrators | Microsoft Power Apps

@Slm75 ,

Yes - you can have a group and share the App as co-owner. You can also share the Flows in the same way.

Also in relation to @Rivius 's comment - if the owner is the service account (which is important for a Flow that is not triggered from Power Apps), then the account will never be inactive. Also depending on the size of your company, Admin rights to Power Shell may not be available (I do not have it).

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Slm75 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Hi @WarrenBelz Thank you a lot for your answers. You gave me the answer I was looking for 🙂

Hi @Rivius Thank you for you answer. You helped me a lot 🙂

Right on, I'm glad the community could help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,444)