cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
azzamkaz
Level: Powered On

How to auto send an email to user and fetch data from excel for email body

Hello guys, I need solution for my apps.... Currently I'm building an apps for voting.

The flow of this apps... User can nominate the candidate on nomination session in certain time..User will select the candidate and put some justification. After user press submit button all the nomination data will save to excel table.

After nomination time is end.....the voting session will open...the user will select which candidates they want to vote, and the vote data will save into excel....

THE PROBLEM IS:

After end voting session, let's say end at 17:00....The apps will auto generate an email to blast to all staff for anouncement. And Inside email body will have a winner of candidates..how to make the apps auto calculate or detect the value of the winner inside excel table(candidate get higher votes) .

Email Example:

Congratulation (Name)    < This name will auto fetch from excel get higher voting

Contribution etc etc etc... < Auto get this data from justification excel table 

Winner for (Month)           <Auto Detect real time and date.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to auto send an email to user and fetch data from excel for email body

Hi azzamkaz,

I think you should use flow to do this kind of thing.
Just put a timer as entry of your flow then collect the data in your excel table using excel connector then send them by mail using outlook connector.

Bests Regards,
Robin Lotz

Anonymous
Not applicable

As @Anonymous says, I'd use Flow. I don't have any experience with the excel connector though. I'd use a sharepoint list. I send emails from one of my flows which retrieve info from my sharepoint list like this:

Capture.JPG

azzamkaz

@Anonymous  do you have an examples to show for me to make it more clear ??

azzamkaz

@Anonymous can you show a step for me to do this ? there any code or setting related in power apps ??

And what should I set in Flow and sharepoint??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@azzamkaz, you'll need 3 things: (1) A sharepoint list, (2) a Flow (3) a flow connector in your powerapp

Start with the sharepoint list:

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/create-a-list-in-sharepoint-0d397414-d95f-41eb-addd-5e6eff4...

Then set up a flow that looks like this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/using-logic-flows

Capture.JPG

NB: I've added a 15 second delay into the start of my flows because I found that the if my app was sending data to sharepoint at the same time as starting the flow, the flow would run before the data had been properly written and therefore would be excluded from the output.

Finally add a trigger for the Flow in your app:

Instructions for this are at the bottom of the second link above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want something runing every day at 17H00 like in your exemple i would use something like this as trigger of your flow instead of a powerApps trigger.2018-04-06 11_40_07-Create your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png
and then you can follow the answer from @Anonymous which will work for excel to.

azzamkaz

@Anonymous  yes I want it trigger, but also I want it to detect data on excel for the highest vote and send in the email.....flow can do it or not ?

azzamkaz

@Anonymous but my voting data inside excel but do I still need a SharePoint ???

Anonymous
Not applicable

@azzamkaz Possibly not. It might be simpler to just use an excel spreadsheet, but i'm not familiar with how you get the information out of it and into flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,883)