cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RaviChandra
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to avoid “No items to display” which shows for few seconds before my custom form loads

Hi,

I have customized SharePoint list form in PowerApps. No major issue. However, when the form is opened for the first time, it shows “No items to display” for few seconds before my custom form loads. Is there any way to hide initial screen?  It looks like the custom form takes few seconds to load time and the end user can notice this screen ScreenTransition.

PowerApp screen.png

Thanks!

Ravi 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sofie_D
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You could add a loading spinner while the app is loading the data. Something like this:

https://www.eliostruyf.com/showing-a-spinner-when-loading-data-in-powerapps/

I remember reading a more in-depth tutorial to do something like this in the past, but can't seem to find it again.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RaviChandra +1, this is quite annoying. A standard loading screen would really be useful. Do you want to create the idea, or I can create it myself if you want ?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I think in teh properties area you can edit that text so could make it ""

Sofie_D
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You could add a loading spinner while the app is loading the data. Something like this:

https://www.eliostruyf.com/showing-a-spinner-when-loading-data-in-powerapps/

I remember reading a more in-depth tutorial to do something like this in the past, but can't seem to find it again.

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RaviChandra

I did encounter the same issue before. I think to solve the problem from the root caue, you need to post an idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so that MS might consider to improve this.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RaviChandra +1, this is quite annoying. A standard loading screen would really be useful. Do you want to create the idea, or I can create it myself if you want ?

RaviChandra
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thank you all.

I was able to get rid the No Items page. I removed all the controls from default OOB form. Added the image.  I have my own New, Edit and Disp form. Attached the screen shot for ref.

Ravi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,664)