cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

How to block parent error message in edit form?

Hi All,

I have a requirment like, In the edit form I have a field for update, Some times the user will enter the values and sometimes not. But when we are using SubmitForm(EditForm), An error message is coming like "An entry is required or has invalid value. Please correct and try againalso in the below of the field message like " Field MyField3 is required ". Now i need to block the message. For that i have tried that i made the field DataCard.required = false. But is is not working.

please can anyone help me to solve this.

with regards,

user237.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @User237 ,'

Go to your SharePoint list and uncheck "Require this column contains information"

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz,

Thanks for your reply,

Sorry for not mentioning, i have connected SQL server to my app.

That means, Even though we mention not required in field Datacard. The powerapps will check with the database whether the field is not null or null?

with regards,

user237.

HI @User237 ,

Sorry I am not an SQL user with Power Apps - I will tag a colleague @Eelman to see if he has some ideas.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Thanks for your reply.

with regards,

user237.

Super User
Super User

@User237 

Im not a SQL User either but if you cannot stop this at the SQL end you could try using some logic in the Update property of the DataCard to add a Default value?

eg

If( IsBlank(DataCardValue1.Text), yourDefaultValue, DataCardValue1.Text)

Just make sure yourDefaultValue is of the same data type as your SQL field you are submitting to.

This may work?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,485)