cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andresan21
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to break a Custom forms powerapp

In a nutshell, the connection breaks once you rename the SPO list in conjunction with removing the SharePoint connection and re-adding it from the PowerApp.

Steps were taken to get to the error:
1. Create a new list with Name TestAA.
2. Add a custom Form PowerApp.
3. Publish the form.
4. Make sure you can edit and use it normally.
5. Rename the list to TestBB.
6. Go back into the PowerApp form and remove the SharePoint connection and re-add it.
7. Add all the references back to the new list name data source.
8. Check the formula errors for the SharePointIntegration.SelectedHidden error.

My question is.. how can you recover from something like this? There isn't an option to upload custom form packages. Even if you export the package and fix the JSON file data source connections you won't be able to upload it back with those changes. I tried doing it and it uploaded as a canvas app and I lost the SharePointIntegration controller. 

Unfortunately, I had to re-build the whole PowerApp by re-creating a new form, migrating data, and copy/paste from old to new PowerApp. 

Any thoughts or ideas on how to recover from this state? 

3 REPLIES 3
rocamp
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Andresan21 ,

Currently, I don't believe there is any way to recover. It is known that changing the list name breaks form and it needs to be recreated. I will confirm and get back to you.

@rocamp , 

Thanks for the clarification. I think that there should be restrictions in place for custom PowerApps. Where it does not allow you to change the name of the list once you have a PowerApp attached to it, or make the PowerApp understand the SharePoint list changes. Even if it would take months to implement a fix, it would be great if we have a check-in place where it communicates about the PowerApp breaking once we try to change the list name. 

It was not fun re-building the PowerApp from scratch even with copy-pasting and migrating SP data to a new list.

I have the same problem. And your solution of rebuilding the list and the Power App custom form is complicated even more by the number of flows running on my list. I saw a possible solution in a post that I did not try. It involved a flow to delete the original Power App custom form. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this solution: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Delete-SharePoint-customized-form-from-PowerApp...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (57,414)