cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ram3
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to capture timestamp on a Boolean Value change?

Hello,

I have two fields, "Reviewer Sign Off" and "Reviewer Timestamp".

Reviewer Sign off - Boolean Switch

Reviewer Timestamp - Date and time

What I'm trying to do is, when Reviewer sign off is switched to true, capture the date and time in Reviewer timestamp field.

I tried the below but it is not working.

For Reviewer Sign off, OnChange property, If('Reviewer Sign Off_DataCard1'=true, Set('Reviewer Timestamp_DataCard1', Now()))

But, this is not working and I'm getting an error in the formula.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Ram3 

Use a textinput box and set its Default to a context variable, in the example "datetime".  To delete it set the toggle OnUncheck property to UpdateContext({datetime: Blank()}).  DatePickers don't show the time and date, only the date.  To show more than the date see https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Date-Time-Picker-Missing-Time/td-p/49940 !1.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Ram3 

Use a textinput box and set its Default to a context variable, in the example "datetime".  To delete it set the toggle OnUncheck property to UpdateContext({datetime: Blank()}).  DatePickers don't show the time and date, only the date.  To show more than the date see https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Date-Time-Picker-Missing-Time/td-p/49940 !1.png

Ram3
Microsoft
Microsoft

thank you for the prompt response, this worked...

Ram3
Microsoft
Microsoft

@Drrickryp I just noticed that, the now() value keeps on changing. I do not want it to change continuously. I only want the value to be updated with the current date and time when the Boolean switch is toggled to True, not update to current date and time every time I open the form. How do I make this constant?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,348)