cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DS2
Advocate III
Advocate III

How to change a value depending on another value in a PowerApp (SP List DataSource)

I have a PowerApp where an end user might come in and edit the form several times as the process for the invoices goes through its steps. 

We have a SP Choice column called Resolved Status where we would like if the "Yes" choice is clicked that another choice column called Working Status in the PowerApp will change to the choice "Resolved." How can I do that within my Edit Form?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DS2 

1) Yes, it can't be automatically currently you need to choose it already,because you need the formula expression just filter the choices items and keep the ones you want,however,you need to choose it by mannual.If you want to autofilled you can use one Lable or Textinput to instead.

2)What I have show is just one example,if you want to show more selected items if not choose "Yes",please try to change the formula expression as this:

If(DataCardValue4.Selected.Value="Yes",Filter(Choices('2019test'.'Working Status'),Value="Resolved"),Filter(Choices('2019test'.'Working Status'),Value<>"Resolved"))

choiceselected.gif

More information:

function-if

function-filter-lookup

operators

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DS2 

Do you want to auto choose one Choice column type's value based on another Choice column type's selected value?

You can try the following workaround,I test as next:

App Test:

DataCardValue5.Items=If(DataCardValue4.Selected.Value="Yes",Filter(Choices('2019test'.'Working Status'),Value="Resolved"))                         

(DataCardValue5 is the Working Status Column,DataCardValue4 is the Resolved Status Column in my SP list,they are all choice column type ,the green color in the formula expression is the control name ,column name,and data source name on my side, you can change to yours on your side)

ChoiceForm1.PNG

FormChoice2.PNG

Check:

EditFormCascadingChoice.gif

Best Regards.

Yumia

HI @v-yuxima-msft 

This is very close I think, but there are two issues:

1) It is hard to tell from the bottom image, but it would seem that when you take your mouse and change "Resolved Status" to "Yes," you must then go to the Working Status field to find Resolved and then click it. 
>>>I have tested and I have to go to the Working Status field to find Resolved and then click it - and was hoping for something automatic. The problem is that people do not remember to go to Working Status to change it, this the need for the change to be automatic
2) The choice column for Working Status no longer has a choices list. So, if I have any other status than "yes" for Resolved Status I should be able to click "Working Status" and see and choose the choices there. Since the addition of the code, the choices have disappeared.

Much appreciate the help!

v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DS2 

1) Yes, it can't be automatically currently you need to choose it already,because you need the formula expression just filter the choices items and keep the ones you want,however,you need to choose it by mannual.If you want to autofilled you can use one Lable or Textinput to instead.

2)What I have show is just one example,if you want to show more selected items if not choose "Yes",please try to change the formula expression as this:

If(DataCardValue4.Selected.Value="Yes",Filter(Choices('2019test'.'Working Status'),Value="Resolved"),Filter(Choices('2019test'.'Working Status'),Value<>"Resolved"))

choiceselected.gif

More information:

function-if

function-filter-lookup

operators

Best Regards.

Yumia

v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DS2 

choiceselected.gif

More information:

function-if

function-filter-lookup

operators

Best Regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

Is there any way to do this automatically? 

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,222)