Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to change language

Hi everyone,

Does somebody know how to change language from Serbian to English on PowerApps portal?

I can not find that options.

Regards,

Sead

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: How to change language

There are a few options to do that:

• If you are using Edge or Internet Explorer, the language of your system will be used to display the portal. If you want to change the language of the portal to English, change the default language in the computer's Settings app
  • If you are using Chrome, the language can be changed by going to chrome://settings/languages; there you can add English (if not there already), and move it to the top
  • You can override the language by using the ?l (lowercase L) parameter: if you browse to https://web.powerapps.com?l=en-US you will get the page in English, regardless of the system (or browser) configuration

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

There are a few options to do that:

• If you are using Edge or Internet Explorer, the language of your system will be used to display the portal. If you want to change the language of the portal to English, change the default language in the computer's Settings app
  • If you are using Chrome, the language can be changed by going to chrome://settings/languages; there you can add English (if not there already), and move it to the top
  • You can override the language by using the ?l (lowercase L) parameter: if you browse to https://web.powerapps.com?l=en-US you will get the page in English, regardless of the system (or browser) configuration

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You can change the language of the portal by appending the language code to the end of the address, like so:

https://web.powerapps.com?l=en-us

In this case, en-us is the code for US English. You can find out more here...
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/charles_sterling/2016/12/02/forcing-the-powerapps-to-a-specific-lan...

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Carlos,

I override the language as you says. This works for me. You helped me a lot.

Best regards, Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

But if you go to other parts of the site (For instance admin center), it's defaulting to the home language again Smiley Sad

Why not just default it to English? Or a t least make a language setting on environment level?

Best regards,

Jeroen van Hulten

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How do I override the language on my Phone? 

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

The solution doesn't work. (Anymore...)

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I found a working method, for me. (Using Edge on Windows 10, but I'm sure this applies to other browsers)

My preferred language is english, although I want my regional settings in dutch. Up to now, I always had to set the regional settings (date/time/currency) to en-US and modify them, just to keep seeing everything in english. If I'd switch to dutch date/time/currency, even when default language and system language are english, all settings are correct but I get the dutch language in some apps and websites.

Windows now provides a solution (not a workaround) I haven't seen before, and I'm very happy about. One can set the regional settings to en-NL, meaning 'english in the dutch (NL) region'. (Instead of en-US, en-GB or nl-NL and modifying settings on every machine.)

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Thanks for sharing this @Ralph1. Until now, I've not heard of the en-NL culture code.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This does not work for me.

I am using Chrome, and my win10 is English as well.

aa.png

bb.png

However, my powerapp is still in Chinese. How can I change that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,573)