cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoldMed

How to change requestor name

Hello!
I'm using Power Automate flow to create a form for approving travel request.

Someone in the organization fill the form, and should be sent to someone for approval.

But everytime a form is submitted The software think it's me who submitted the request and not who fill the form. I'm listed as "Request By" everytime. 
The Approval/Rejected notice comes to my organization's email box and not who filled the form.

If I used "get my profile", It gets my profile.

How can I change it?

GoldMed_0-1662363916568.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StretchFredrik
Super User
Super User

You need to have a user email to put in the "Requestor" box of the approval step, otherwise it will always run as the connector signin.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StretchFredrik
Super User
Super User

Hello,

How is the approval triggered? If you want the logged in user you can use User().email

Hi,

The flow is triggered automatically when a new response is submitted.

where should I use User().email?

Thank you!

StretchFredrik
Super User
Super User

Oh okay so its a flow, my response is based on that it was a PowerApp.

Change the connector of the approval step in the flow like this:

StretchFredrik_0-1662366007469.png

You can read more here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/business-apps/power-automate/guidance/manage-list-fl...

I don't have an option for run-only users.

Do I need to change something in the settings?

GoldMed_0-1662366954724.png

StretchFredrik
Super User
Super User

Then you are using a trigger which isnt done by a user but by schedule or similar. You cant run as the user context when no User has triggered it. 

Do you have a email or similar of the user that is the one sending it for approval? 

Please share a picture of your flow.

GoldMed_0-1662367626266.pngccxcxcdfGoldMed_1-1662367672911.pngGoldMed_2-1662367706962.png

This is the flow, the excel part is that he take data from an excel file of projects.

before the approval part the is create an item on share point where I create a record in a list of requests.

after the approval there is another condition which change the status of the request according to the outcome.

I'm very new to this platform 🙂

StretchFredrik
Super User
Super User

You need to have a user email to put in the "Requestor" box of the approval step, otherwise it will always run as the connector signin.

I saw a solution which involve the Requestor field but couldn't understand what to put there.

which email user can I put that will give access to the response's creator? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,232)