Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to change the style or presentation of saved list items

Hi @MiniMe83 ,

I think there is something wrong with your form itself. You should not have errors like this and then the cards actually work. Have a look at the DataField and Default of these cards and see if they are what you expect. Also you certainly should be able to drag and drop the cards in the panel to new locations.

To test this, create a new form on a blank screen and add all your current cards in the same order as this one and then see if you can rearrange them.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MiniMe83 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Sorry I didn't come back to you, I have been rebuilding the form from scratch. I'm just getting it to a point where it acts how I would like it to and will be coming back with some additional questions.

I have found it frustrating once I have more than 20 datacards or so on the form, the form is reluctant to move these around as I wish, its as if the form is too complicated for the software to calculate the movement. Not sure.

Whilst I'm here, is it possible to automatically enter the name of the person who has logged in and is completing the form, saving them 5 seconds? 🙂

I have a datacard which is labelled as "Form Completed By:" and a nice gimmick would be to have this card populated by the form to add a little wow factor - simple minds 🙂

Its a standard datacard derived from a list column which is just a single line of text.

Thanks again for checking, I appreciate the thoroughness!!

Speak soon  

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Thanks @MiniMe83 ,

Firstly if I did not mention this on your posts, I will tell you what I do to avoid the dreaded "Las Vegas Card Shuffle" on your whole form during design. I have a lot of big forms with a lot of cards. You have to do firstly a bit of planning and work out the maximum number you are likely to have in a row and set to that (1,2,3,4,6 etc).

Now the trick is to add each row one at a time and unless you have only one to a row, put in a custom card the full width and one pixel high - this acts as a "separator" as does a one row card, which should be set to full width immediately.

After you have done all your cards, then start adjusting the widths to suit - the worst that can then happen is one row wrapping down. Just reduce the width of one and swap with another on the row and back and it will be fixed. Also during this process if you have forgotten a card, wait until the end before you drag it up into position.

For your second question, make the Default of the control (change to your Form name)

If(
   YourFormName.Mode = FormMode.New,
   User().FullName,
   Parent.Default
)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thank you for your help on this, I'm still struggling to have the same layout once I view a submitted item list. The edit mode is 99% there but the view also needs to reflect this when other colleagues go in to see what has been submitted?

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MiniMe83 ,

Not sure what you mean by this. The issue of layout only relates to Design functions. Once you have finally go it the way you need, I have never had an issue in Play mode.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @WarrenBelz 

The issue is when the edit form is presented to the user to complete it looks just how I wish, which is great.  After the edit form has been submitted / saved and then becomes a list item, the view version looks slightly different. For instance, the borders of the text boxes dont appear. From what I can gather there is no real way to set this intuitively. I found on the forum that if I change the display mode of the text box in the view form to "DisplayMode.Edit" from "Parent.DisplayMode" it then displays the text boxes as I wish. Im not sure if this is how it should be done or if this is a work around?

Another issue I'm having is that the view form isn't displaying the datacards based on the value of another datacard. If you cast your mind back you kindly helped me put this together in the edit form, which still works. Thank you!  Unfortunately the configuration doesn't transfer to the view form when reviewing list items, (the view form has the same set up as it was duplicated from the original) so when looking at the list item only half of the data is displayed.

In case its all a bit grey, Ive put the setup below 🙂

Datacard 10 is set to: UpdateContext({vQty:Value(DataCardValue10.Text)})

The OnVisible of the Screen is set to: UpdateContext({vQty:0})

There are 12 product lines which appear pending the value (1-12) is entered. 

Again, this works in the edit form but doesn't seem to get transferred.

Note: Under one list I now have 3 forms, two of them were duplicated from the original. They are for the displaying purposes of New, Edit and View modes. Is this right?  Im going by what I have found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaCTT7bPuQg&list=PLMLjnY5iPR3Xa8WrL2nRqVO0CWZkZpYPh&index=2

Im assuming you will need me to set this up as another query and tag you in this 🙂

Happy to post screen shots etc.

Thanks again 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@MiniMe83 ,

Yes please copy to new topic and tag me as this is unrelated to the post subject.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,802)