cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeihoSilver
Frequent Visitor

How to check Path in PowerApps

Hi,

I'm referring to this document to understand PowerApp for Admin / Maker better and particularly is to make automate process for sharing the app with Power Automate (Edit App Role Assignment)

There are some forms that need to be filled in when creating Power Automate. What I don't understand is what information should I filled in there (e.g. put id -1 (ID of the user), put type - 1 (Type of User), put roleName - 1, etc. etc. )

Power Automate.PNG

Of course I know basic information like e.g. email address of the user. But other information is not quite certain, e.g. in what format? what is the typical role here (e.g. edit, view, 1, 2, etc.) , should I type as a text, number, boolean etc. etc. .

When I look the definition in the document above to check the example. I found there are some path.

If I want to see in which format or example for the required form in Power Automate, how to check the path below?

Path PowerApp.PNG

Best regards,

Yahya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Krishna92
Microsoft
Microsoft

@HeihoSilver 

You can get the user ID information from Azure, open azure portal and search for users, this will open up a page where in you can check the list of users present in your organization.

From here you can search for the desired user and copy the user ID.

Type specifies the information what you have entered if you have entered user ID then you set type as user, if that is a group then you set type as Group.

Role name can be Canview,CanEdit etc.

RoleName <String>
        Specifies the permission level given to the app: CanView, CanViewWithShare, CanEdit. Sharing with the entire
        tenant is only supported for CanView.
        Required?                    true
        Position?                    named
        Default value
        Accept pipeline input?       false
        Accept wildcard characters?  false
PrincipalType <String>
        Specifies the type of principal this app is being shared with; a user, a security group, the entire tenant.
        Default value

If the information helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up and mark the solution as resolved.
For more insights on Power Automate or Power apps please follow PowerCards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Krishna92
Microsoft
Microsoft

@HeihoSilver 

You can get the user ID information from Azure, open azure portal and search for users, this will open up a page where in you can check the list of users present in your organization.

From here you can search for the desired user and copy the user ID.

Type specifies the information what you have entered if you have entered user ID then you set type as user, if that is a group then you set type as Group.

Role name can be Canview,CanEdit etc.

RoleName <String>
        Specifies the permission level given to the app: CanView, CanViewWithShare, CanEdit. Sharing with the entire
        tenant is only supported for CanView.
        Default value
PrincipalType <String>
        Specifies the type of principal this app is being shared with; a user, a security group, the entire tenant.
        Default value

If the information helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up and mark the solution as resolved.
For more insights on Power Automate or Power apps please follow PowerCards

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,496)