cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DS2
Advocate III
Advocate III

How to check that a field value is unique before saving back to a SharePoint list?

I have an Input Screen with a Form where there is a text input field for an invoice number. I have a Save Icon that upon OnSelect Submits the Form and the data is saved to a SharePoint List. We need all invoice numbers to be unique to avoid duplicate entries. Although I can make the Invoice number column in SharePoint unique, there is no error message in PowerApps (or a useful one anyway) although a record with a duplicate invoice number cannot be saved. 

How can I check for a duplicate entry upon Submit? I already have some code in OnSelect for the Save icon:
SubmitForm(Form1);
Set(
selectedInvoice,
Blank()
);
ResetForm(Form1);
NewForm(Form1)SubmitForm.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

@sajarac 

Try changing your formula to this:

If(
   IsBlank(Trim(DataCardValue5.Text)), 
      "A Country Code is required",   
   CountRows(Filter(Country, CoO_Code = Value(Trim(DataCardValue5.Text)) ) > 0, 
      "Duplicate Code not allowed",
   ""
)

Note the use of the Value Function

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,011)