cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BayanMobarak1
Helper I
Helper I

How to choose a value from a drop down list and reflect it in another page as view only

hello guys,

I`m making an application that show a todo list for the tasks of employees (The list is fixed ).

I want the app to show the task and next to it a check box or I can make as drop down list of Completed, not completed.

and i want the status of the tasks to be reflected in the teamleader page 

here is a photo of how I imagine things 

from layout.png

My problems currently are :

1 - How to make a page that show the employee task, and how to enable him to select whither it is completed or not.

2- how to reflect the progress of the employee tasks on the Team leader page.

I tried to insert a form and connected to excel file, but I`m not able to see its fields when I press the play button.

Note, I`m not able to use sharepoint cuz my company have some restrictions about it.

7 REPLIES 7
eka24
Super User
Super User

Will you connect the Checkboxes to the Excel Table?

If so, show a sample

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

No i didn`t

I`m thinking about changing the check box to Drop down list with 2 options completed and uncompleted.

But i don`t if I should but the drop down list in excel or at powerapps.

Let me know if you have any idea  

eka24
Super User
Super User

With only two options, use power apps like:

["Completed", "uncompleted"] in the items property of the Dropdown.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Yes, I tried that but how can I reflect the progress and tasks done by the employee on the leader page ?

Are you showing what have been saved into your excel or just the current selected item of the dropdown from the first page?

------------

in the employee page, the employee should have a list of the tasks he needs to do , next to it a drop down list he should select completed  when he completed the task. 

now the whole status and progression of the task should be reflected on the team leader page 

I`m trying to save any updates from the employee page to the excel file, and then I want the data updated in excel to be reflected in the leader page so he can view the progress.

I hope i answered you 😀

eka24
Super User
Super User

In this case insert a Gallery on the next page and connect the excel sheet to it.

The status (ThisItem.Status) label will show completed or uncompleted.

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,454)