Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamarchi
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to clear a Text Input

Hi to all

I have this situatión, I have two screen, in the first one I have a text input in order the user type the name,one the user click the next button I filtered the information in the second screen, everything looks ok, the problem is when I return to the first screen I continue seeing the name of the user, how can I clear that information 

Thank you

24 REPLIES 24

@mr-dang,

ComboBox with multi select

ItemsDistinct(Filter(Product,Name.Id=Dropdown.Selected.ID),Title)

ListBox

Items: Distinct(Filter(product,Title in Listbox.SelectedItems),Description)

Default:LookUp(Product,Title in listbox.SelectedItems.Result,Description)

textInput: Concat(ADDescription.SelectedItems,Result&",")

while using this scenario, Its working when there is only one item in the combobox and if we select it the description is selected default and added to the textbox

But, when we select multiple items in the combobox, on description it shows both descriptions are selected but its only populating one description on top of the list.

Can you help me with were i'm messing with the formula.

Thanks in advance.

MK

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mühle your solution works like a charm, thanks a bunch!

This solution worked for me as well, but I need a bit more explanation. Why do you need to "toggle the "resettext" variable to true, then back to false"? This is the only part I don't understand.

Thanks,

Scott

So I am using Power BI Dashboard to use Power App for the end user. Now when I used text input for any text entries, it didn't go blank after I submitted the entry. The old input remained on the text input box even after I pressed submit button. I followed the instructions provided by you here, didn't work for me. Any suggestions where I could have gone wrong?

Thanks for your comments above, these threads are very helpful. @mr-dang @hpkeong 

ZiqF_
Frequent Visitor

To reiterate your explanation, the following code:

UpdateContext({resettext: !resettext})

The code needs to be written twice because if the user navigate from Screen2 to Screen1 and back again to Screen2, the text input will still be there when they go back to Screen1?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,764)