cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

How to clear dates using SharePoint as a datasource

I use a SharePoint list as a data source, in this list I have column of type date. I use this column in an edit form.

The date is editable in this form using the date picker control. This works fine, a user can select a date and the selected date is saved in SharePoint. But when the user deletes the selected date, and submits the form, the deleted date remains in the SharePoint list, it is not updated with a null value, the earlier entered value remains.

Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to clear dates using SharePoint as a datasource

Hi @BartSchaap ,

I've made a similar test and found that you need to turn this toogle to on to make this:

File->App settings

6206_LI.jpg

Here's a similar issue for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/update-date-field-with-null-into-CRM-datasour...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to clear dates using SharePoint as a datasource

Hi @BartSchaap ,

I've made a similar test and found that you need to turn this toogle to on to make this:

File->App settings

6206_LI.jpg

Here's a similar issue for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/update-date-field-with-null-into-CRM-datasour...

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,215)