In my Power Apps form I need to show, check boxes by using one of the list as data source. I need to save the selected check boxes values into my SP list. Is this doable?
How to combine SharePoint list data source to check boxes in Power Apps.
Many thanks in advance.
Thank you for your reply.
As per your question-
1. The data source of the checkbox will be a SharePoint list. The name of the List is "Research Category" and there is one column and the type of the column is "Single Line of Text". There will be 7-10 items in the list so, on the check box it should display 7-10 items.
FYI: I don't want any static value in the PoweApps, Check Box items should come form a list so that its easy to update if needed.
I now understand what you are trying to do. For this, you can set the configuration as follows:
1) Create a Vertical Blank gallery and set the "Wrap Count" to 2 or 3 based on your screen size.
2) Pass Research Category in the Items property of the gallery control.
3) Add checkbox inside the Gallery Item and set the "Text" property of the checkbox to ThisItem.ColumnName
4) When you want to get the list of selected items inside the gallery, you can use the expression:
If you want a list of selected items:
If you want a semi-colon separated string of selected Items:
Hope this Helps!
If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.
Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.