cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

How to compare one textbox value to another textbox value and show true or false value in another textbox

Hi All,

I have a requirement to compare one textbox value - Data and Another textbox values like PowerappsData / Dataconnector / Sample / SampleDatacheck.  

based on these 2 textboxes , if the first textbox value is data and nexttextbox is sampleDatacheck then 3rd textbox should display as True. 

i tried ISMatch but its working only hardcoded value 

Correct syntax : IsMatch(search11.Selected.Result,"Data",Contains) but i dont want to hardcode because textbox 1 values will change dynamically. 

Expected Syntax : IsMatch(search11.Selected.Result,Value(LAB123.Text),Contains) but its not working. Can any one please help me to resolve this issue. 

Thanks in Advance. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@gvrspk 

I agree IsMatch function accepts only constant values. I am trying to find the best options for this use case.

Here is one option you can give a try:

If((!IsBlank(LAB123.Text) && (LAB123.Text in search11.Selected.Value)),"True","False")

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

Super User III
Super User III

@gvrspk 

You need to follow the formula that @rsaikrishna provided.  You are using a Value function around the text of the GTMTribe control - this will throw your formula results.

If((!IsBlank(GTMTribe.Text) && (GTMTribe.Text in search11.Selected.Result)),"True","False")

Or, simplified: 

!IsBlank(GTMTribe.Text) && (GTMTribe.Text in search11.Selected.Result)

As this will return true or false without the declarative conversion.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@gvrspk 

I agree IsMatch function accepts only constant values. I am trying to find the best options for this use case.

Here is one option you can give a try:

If((!IsBlank(LAB123.Text) && (LAB123.Text in search11.Selected.Value)),"True","False")

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

Super User III
Super User III

@gvrspk 
You can check for an exact match between two text inputs like this

TextInput_1.Text = TextInput_2.Text

Or check for a partial match like this

TextInput_1.Text in TextInput_2.Text

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Hi Krishna RachaKonda, 

Thanks for quick response. 

Still i am getting False, attached image for your reference. 

One textbox contains Exact "Data" another one contains Data in the middle so it should match and display true. 

Thanks in advance. 

Super User III
Super User III

@gvrspk 

You need to follow the formula that @rsaikrishna provided.  You are using a Value function around the text of the GTMTribe control - this will throw your formula results.

If((!IsBlank(GTMTribe.Text) && (GTMTribe.Text in search11.Selected.Result)),"True","False")

Or, simplified: 

!IsBlank(GTMTribe.Text) && (GTMTribe.Text in search11.Selected.Result)

As this will return true or false without the declarative conversion.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Helper I
Helper I

Thanks Krishna Rachakonda & Randy Hayes

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,095)