cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to compare values of 2 columns against 2 other columns in another list and show the third column value if true

Hello,

For a project I need to create a column in a sharepoint list that contains a conditional/calculated column. This column is the risk value will be "calculated" depending on the values of the risk likelihood and risk consequence. Right now it is a field that users can fill in themselves but they should follow a certain logic.

I have created a seperate sharepoint list "Risk Consequence Calculator" that contains all the values that can be possible for all three columns.

The source sharepoint list is called the "Risk Consequence Calculator"

The sharepoint list where the calculated/conditional column should be filled in is "Info Sec and IT Risk Register"

The "Source sharepoint list" that contains all the data:

KrisVerplancke_1-1635493463434.png

The list where the users can fill in the data and the risk value should be calculated:

KrisVerplancke_2-1635493592448.png

Does anybody know how the code for the column "Risk Value" should look like? 

In my humble opinion I think the logic should be like this:

If the value of Info Sec and IT Risk Register. Risk Likelihood = Risk Consequence Calculator.Risk Likelihood

and the value of Info Sec and IT Risk Register. Risk Consequence = Risk Consequence Calculator.Risk Consequence,

Info Sec and IT Risk Register.Risk value = Risk Consequence Calculator.Risk value.

Best regards,

Kris 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous :

I've made a test for your reference:

1\My Lists:

vbofengmsft_0-1635752990400.png

vbofengmsft_1-1635752999677.png

2\Create a flow

vbofengmsft_2-1635753500479.png

vbofengmsft_5-1635753729020.png

The Result:

vbofengmsft_4-1635753540894.png

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Anonymous ,

Are you trying to achieve this via PowerApps or only using the Sharepoint internal tool only ? 

If is the second option, I recommend to use a PowerApps form to personalize the user experience and also inside this form to set the value of the "Risk Consequence Calculator" column based on user choices in other columns.

From my knowledge, I don't think that you can achieve your goal using only calculated column from native Sharepoint.

v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous :

I've made a test for your reference:

1\My Lists:

vbofengmsft_0-1635752990400.png

vbofengmsft_1-1635752999677.png

2\Create a flow

vbofengmsft_2-1635753500479.png

vbofengmsft_5-1635753729020.png

The Result:

vbofengmsft_4-1635753540894.png

Best Regards,

Bof

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-bofeng-msft Thanks for your response! This really helped out. I was on a holiday so I couldn't reply sooner but nevertheless much appreciated.

Grtz, Kris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,546)