cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

How to complete Dynamics 365 Activities?

Hi, I have a simple app showing open activities from Dynamics 365 CE to the users, using CDS.

They can read and edit the activities and add comments including attachments to it.

With completing the activity, I have some doubts on how to do that.

Don't think I can just use the PATCH function to change the statuscode and statecode of the activity, is it?

Kind regards, Maurits

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to complete Dynamics 365 Activities?

Hi @Maurits,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you integrate your Dynamics 365 entity into your CDS?

Further, do you want to change the statecode column value of the activity within your app?

If you want to change the statecode column value of the activity within your app, I think the Patch function could achieve your needs in PowerApps.

When you generate an app from your Dynamics 365 Activities entity, the statuscode column would be displayed as Status Reasonthe statecode column would be displayed as Active Status:5.JPG

6.JPG

I have made a test on my side, and I agree with your thought almost. When I use Patch function to update the statuscode column value and statecode column value of an activity, the error message shows up as below:

The "Update" method does not support entities of type 'activitypointer'.

7.JPG

I afraid that there is no way to update the statuscode column value and statecode column value of an activity using Patch function in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @v-xida-msft, many thanks for your research.
I expected the status cannot be changed using PATCH or UPDATE, as within Dynamics you can also not just change the status field.
Have to find a proper workaround for this, maybe using a workflow within Dynamics or an API call or so.

Kind regards,

Maurits

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Maurits 

Did you ever find a workaround for this? If you did, would you kindly share your know-how?

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

yes Im having the same issue as well. Have you found any solution for this? @Maurits 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,325)