cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
overhead_press

How to concatenate data in PowerApps selected in PowerBI

Currently in my PowerApps I have added a gallery with "PowerBIIntegration.Data" in the Items property, then I added a label into that gallery with the Text property as "ThisItem.'My column'".  So now in my PowerBI report the values I select in 'My Column' will appear in the app as shown in the picture attached. 

My question is, how can I display my data in the PowerApp like in the screenshot except instead my data will appear side to side separated by a comma? So for example it would be "Plan 1, Plan 1+Inc Covid Adj, Plan 2, (plus additional fields the user select in PowerBI). 

I have tried using just the Text Input without the gallery but when I enter "PowerBIIntegration.Data.'My Column' into the Default property I get the error saying that it expects a text value. What other methods can I use to make it work outside of using a gallery? Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @overhead_press ,

Since you could apply "PowerBIIntegration.Data" as the source table of the Gallery, you could try and treat is as a table, then leverage a Concat function or Concatenate function to concatenate a column to text strings:

Left(Concat(PowerBIIntegration.Data, 'My column' & ", "),Len(Concat(PowerBIIntegration.Data, 'My column' & ", "))-2)

Please refer to below doc of Concat and Concatenate functions in Power Apps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-concatenate

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @overhead_press ,

Since you could apply "PowerBIIntegration.Data" as the source table of the Gallery, you could try and treat is as a table, then leverage a Concat function or Concatenate function to concatenate a column to text strings:

Left(Concat(PowerBIIntegration.Data, 'My column' & ", "),Len(Concat(PowerBIIntegration.Data, 'My column' & ", "))-2)

Please refer to below doc of Concat and Concatenate functions in Power Apps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-concatenate

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the response it works great, one more question is why did you use Left() here? 

Hi @overhead_press ,

To trim the space and comma in the end, so minus 2 digits.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (79,921)