cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pwritch

How to concatenate text from autogenerate Text in Textbox

I tried to send an email notification to user that your request number XXXX was created/approved/rejected.

I used  "Your request Number :" & RequestNumberText.Text and it shows only the first part.

When I used Concatenate ("Your request Number :",  RequestNumberText.Text), it still shows only the first part.

The RequestNumberText.Default is set to Text(Now(),"yymmddhhmmss")

I tested with the other field, the username which come from User().Fullname and it also get the same result.

But when I test with the textbox which I let user freely type anything. Both commands are working fine. So I suspected the string concatenation method may be different for the Textbox that was disabled and forced the value through some command.

Could you please tell me how can I put data from such fields into the string?

FYI: I tested again  by adding a basic label and try to simply concatenate the text in the label. The result confused me. Sometime the text appear, sometime it didn't. The status of RequestNumberText.Text reported in the bottom part of the coding window it said RequestNumberText.Text = Blank, but sometime it tell the correct value like RequestNumberText.Text = 20220623102042.

E2.jpg             E3.jpg

But for Email, it is always blank.

E1.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
365-Assist
Power Participant
Power Participant

Can you provide more information about how you send email. What code do you use to build the email?

Something similar to this. The actual one is in other language, so I just show you the structure of the code.

'PowerApp->Sendanemailnotification(V3)'.Run
(
varUser.Email,
"<br>The system received your request number " & RequestNumberText.Text  & " and is sending for review and approval.  <br>
You can track the progress from the link below. <br>
https://apps.powerapps.com/play/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<br><br>",
"Application Request: You request has been received"
);

365-Assist
Power Participant
Power Participant

I tried to replicate and could not. Couple of troubleshooting suggestions:

1. Remove the .text property at end of (e.g. try RequestNumberText)
  2. Instead of Power Apps email command try using Power Automate. That way you can see the values being sent from the App to the Automate.

---------------------------------------------------
Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question. Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful as can help others.

Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFpvUlpx84FuIPOdInGKMTw
Twitter: https://twitter.com/assist_365

Regards
Darren Lutchner - 365 Assist

Pwritch

Update!!! I just got a stupid workaround.

During the test, I reflect RequestNumberText.Text in a temporally label to verify the value.

Now I just use my Label.Text to pass the value from RequestNumberText.Text to my string instead. AND IT'S WORK.

Still, this is not how it is suppose to work. Someone please help me. Why getting the text directly from Textbox is not working but getting it from the label that get the text from that textbox is ok?

E4.jpg

Hi @Pwritch ,

I cannot replicate the issue as well. But generally speaking, we usually use Labels than Text Input boxes to display texts. Besides, the reason I assume is the Text input is inside a Data Card, sometimes we will not be able to retrieve the info that inside a Form. You may try and place the Label in the Data Card instead of the RequestNumber text input box and see if it will work, or use the workaround you have figured out in your App, and please consider your reply as the solution to help others find it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,204)