cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to connect MS Access database on OneDrive

Hello,

Is it possible to connect accdb file on OneDrive from PowerApps?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to connect MS Access database on OneDrive

As far as I am aware there is no way to do that directly.

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

MS Access is just not designed for web based access.  It is very easy to corrupt DB.  I  created a small web app ( not PowerApps ) using Access as a test case and it worked for a few users.  I quickly switched over to SQL Server.  I also don't trust Excel with PowerApps.  I don't consider it a robust business solution.  Use Azure SQL DB or SQL Server and Data Gateway.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

I agree entirely with @mogulman.  I initially moved my Access web app to Sharepoint (one of my tables had 25000 items) but ultimately came down to using Common Data Service as SharePoint could not easily handle that many items. I have been very pleased with CDS with respect to its speed and the number of delegatable functions. 

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

@Drrickryp, I compared CDS and Azure SQL DB.  Azure SQL DB better meets my needs:

1. CDS licensing is much more complicated.  You need Plan1 and Plan 2 licenses for CDS.  For Azure SQL DB you only need a basic license.

2. You can't access CDS from Azure Functions.  I use Azure Functions for complex items that are impossible or VERY difficult in PowerApps.  

3. You can't execute SQL against CDS.

4.  I like SQL Server Management Studio and it connects to Azure SQL DB.

5.  You can create other apps (non-PowerApps) and use Azure SQL DB.

6.  Azure SQL DB supports views which are very powerful.

7.  You can use stored procedures and native SQL against Azure SQL DB using flow. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,843)