cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRFowler
Frequent Visitor

How to copy all properties to a new control

I need to change the default datetime dropdown boxes for the time selection to comboboxes so that the user can actually type in the hour/minute instead of just selecting it from a dropdown.  I can add new comboboxes into the datacard for the datetime but there are a lot of properties in the dropdown controls that I need to copy into the new comboboxes so they match the appearance and functions of the original dropdown controls.

So the question becomes, is there any easy way to copy over all of the properties from the dropdown to the combox?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @MRFowler 

There's no way to do this, particularly as you want to copy properties from 2 different types of control.

On a slightly related note, a technique that some app users adopt is to add a hidden screen and to add a template ComboBox with the desired appearance. All other ComboBoxes would then reference the properties of this template control. eg..

cboStartHour.Color = cboTempate.Color

If at any point in the future you want to make a change that affects all ComboBoxes, you can simply do this in one place.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @MRFowler 

There's no way to do this, particularly as you want to copy properties from 2 different types of control.

On a slightly related note, a technique that some app users adopt is to add a hidden screen and to add a template ComboBox with the desired appearance. All other ComboBoxes would then reference the properties of this template control. eg..

cboStartHour.Color = cboTempate.Color

If at any point in the future you want to make a change that affects all ComboBoxes, you can simply do this in one place.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,972)