Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LohithaSannathi
Helper III
Helper III

How to create APP using oracle Tables

Hi

Can you any one please share tutorial/Link/Test case to create APP using oracle Tables.

Quick responses are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Lohitha

3 REPLIES 3
poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@LohithaSannathi 

With PowerApps, pretend it's the same for any data source when making a PowerApps Canvas App.

You just need to learn how to use PowerApps Maker to make the app.

Start with just a made up Collection - this would emulate what you would get from a data source in PowerApps.

The Collection can be created with no data source if you want to practice.

For this, the query would be very open ended. There are many tutorials.

Even this forum have free community app samples. Here's one example made by us, released to community for free: App Timer Wait Recipe 

Also you can check this example from user @mdevaney : Collections Cookbook: 50+ Visual Examples & Code 
The above is a good one because it tells you the most basic answer to question

"What is a Collection?"

and then there are many examples as well you can use to practice with Collections and much more.

To import .msapp files by the way, you go to Open from PowerApps studio and go to Browse Files. It's different from the process to import a Zip package by the way.

Furthermore, you can check also the following:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/connecting-to-oracle-database-from-powerapps-flow-and-log...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-oracledb

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54474013/is-it-possible-to-connect-my-powerapp-to-on-prem-oracle...

Hi 

@poweractivate 

I wanted to only fetch the data from oracle tables and display and AUTO Populated based on some fields. but i dont wanted to insert data into Oracle Tables thru POWER APP. Can you please links/samples  POWER APP Against these

All the request submitted thru POWER APPS i wanted to store. -- Where i can store them and how to achieve it. Request you to please share links /Sample POWER APPS against these

FYI, I am using Office 365 PowerAPPS

Thanks

Lohitha

@poweractivate , @mdevaney  @yashag2255 , @PowerAddict 

I have connected to our oracle Database successfully.  I am trying to fetch the data from oracle tables

But I don't see all the tables here. May I  know the reason.

If I try to my table  in Custom table column, it gives me error.

Please look at the attached error's

Thanks

Lohitha

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,614)