cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hari
Level: Powered On

Re: How to create Unique Identifier in CDS?

Yes @yashag2255 it sounds good what we can do if we have multiple 'Mercedes'? This is my scenario user can able to create muliplte for example, consider in the Car entity we have 2 field one is car other one is model, user created a record with car as 'Mercedes' and another field is its model as "C class", and same like they created another record with same 'Mercedes' and model as "G class". In this scenario how we can manage it? so we don't have the unique identfier.

If we use filter query as 'Mercedes'  and the we need to put a loop to get what the record we want.. in this case it take time to filter the records right?

Hope you understand my scenarios

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @hari 

Yep. Makes it better to understand now. In that case when you have multiple Mercedes and different models, what you can do is, in the filter query, put Name eq 'Mercedes' and Model eq 'C Class'. I am assuming the Model here will be unique. That way we can identify the record. My point here is in the entire record, there must be atleast 1 field that will have a unique value and the user should know that one. Makes sense?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

hari

Yes @yashag2255 that's what am asking how to create that unique field in the CDS enviornment or how to set a field as unique one.

hari

Found solution!! Created an AutoNumber field and customized it by removing the prefix and started with single digit its worked as like SQL  primary key.. Thanks for the support.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,892)