cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to create Unique Identifier in CDS?

Yes @yashag2255 it sounds good what we can do if we have multiple 'Mercedes'? This is my scenario user can able to create muliplte for example, consider in the Car entity we have 2 field one is car other one is model, user created a record with car as 'Mercedes' and another field is its model as "C class", and same like they created another record with same 'Mercedes' and model as "G class". In this scenario how we can manage it? so we don't have the unique identfier.

If we use filter query as 'Mercedes'  and the we need to put a loop to get what the record we want.. in this case it take time to filter the records right?

Hope you understand my scenarios

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @hari 

Yep. Makes it better to understand now. In that case when you have multiple Mercedes and different models, what you can do is, in the filter query, put Name eq 'Mercedes' and Model eq 'C Class'. I am assuming the Model here will be unique. That way we can identify the record. My point here is in the entire record, there must be atleast 1 field that will have a unique value and the user should know that one. Makes sense?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes @yashag2255 that's what am asking how to create that unique field in the CDS enviornment or how to set a field as unique one.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Found solution!! Created an AutoNumber field and customized it by removing the prefix and started with single digit its worked as like SQL  primary key.. Thanks for the support.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,858)