cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmcnutt

How to create a button that duplicates a field onselect in a form

How can I create a button that OnSelect takes an existing blank field and inserts a new blank one below it? Need this for a form where the maximum number of entries will vary so the user needs to be able to insert as many as needed. The fields that will be duplicated would be a: A drop down list of titles, Name, Contact number, company, additional info single line text.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
SKH19 Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Button that duplicates a field onselect in a form

Sounds like you need an editable table.

The process for making one is a bit involved, so I would suggest checking out the walkthrough here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/editable-tables/

Get started with this, and if you run into any snags, let me know and I would be happy to help.

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to create a button that duplicates a field onselect in a form

Hi @Jmcnutt ,

I don't think this is available in Form. The field of form is fixed, can not be changed at will.

All I can think of is to add all a lot of duplicate CARDS up front, and set the duplicate cards to be invisible. Once clicking the button, set the a duplicate card of selected card to be visible. Please see the following test.

1. Set OnStart property :

Set(Var_Title, false);Set(Var_Hours,false)

2. Set visible property of the duplicate Title cards to Var_Title, set the duplicate Hours cards to Var_Hours

3. Set OnSelect property of plus button in Title field:

Set(Var_123,true)

4. Set OnSelect property of plus button in Hours field:

Set(Var_Num,true)

StoG_13.gif

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,850)