Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to create a link back to edit for posting in Notifications

Form: PowerApps

Save Type: Patch()

Saving to: SharePoint list

When a form is submitted, I need to create and save a link back to the edit form in PowerApps for the item just created. I will then use this link for technicians to click when updating the form.

How can I create this link to have to the SharePoint list item?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to create a link back to edit for posting in Notifications

Hi @SharePointAU,

Could you please explain a bit for the following part:

"

I need to create and save a link back to the edit form in PowerApps for the item just created. I will then use this link for technicians to click when updating the form.

"

Will the Editform.LastSubmit work in your scenario?

EditForm.LastSubmit will get the the last successfully submitted record, including any server generated fields, which we could take use to recall the related record.

If here you would like to have the technicians to do modifications for the record just submitted, then we could work with the LastSubmit, and switch the form mode into Edit, and the item property of the Form control to EditForm.LastSubmit.

Let me know if you need more details if my description matches your scenario

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: How to create a link back to edit for posting in Notifications

Thanks for the reply. I will try this out.

What I mean by "save a link" is I would like to save the link back to PowerApps Edit form in a SP list item field for further use. "This link for technicians to click when updating the form" is referring to any link I create in Teams, email, or other notification for them to click and navigate directly to PowerApps to edit that specific data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,138)