cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moony

How to create a list of items based on a certain column value

Hello everyone,

I am new to PowerApps and right now, I am working on a simple app, where I want to create a list of items which are assigned to a certain user. I am using Excel as a data source.

The data source looks like this:

Table: Assets

Assigned toProduct
John Doe

Laptop

John Doe

Docking Station

John Doe

Monitor

Smith Doe

Laptop

I now, want to display all Products, which are assigned to for example John Doe, in a list view.

It should look like this:

Assets for user John Doe:

• Laptop
  • Docking Station
  • Monitor

Anyone could help? 🙂

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any tips.

Greetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Moony 

Put a dropdown on the screen and make the Items property Sort(Distinct(yourtable,'Assigned to'),Result,Ascending)

Put a data table on the screen and make its Items property Filter(yourtable,'Assigned to' = Dropdown1.Selected.Result)

When you have 10 minutes free review Shane Young's video "Why Excel is a terrible data source" here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtmZM3tm2Zs 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Moony 

Put a dropdown on the screen and make the Items property Sort(Distinct(yourtable,'Assigned to'),Result,Ascending)

Put a data table on the screen and make its Items property Filter(yourtable,'Assigned to' = Result)

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Moony 

Put a data table on the screen and make its Items property Filter(yourtable,'Assigned to' = Dropdown1.Selected.Result)

When you have 10 minutes free review Shane Young's video "Why Excel is a terrible data source" here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtmZM3tm2Zs 

Moony

Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,790)