cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuoteOnQuote
Helper I
Helper I

How to create an IFrame in power apps?

I'm trying to create an IFrame that gives a full view into a sharepoint list column (I already have the link for it with everything I need organized), but I am struggling to actually create the IFrame itself. When I tried implementing a version I downloaded recommended to me on Github, power apps wouldn't let me, as it seems it no longer supports downloading the file type. I've tried following Microsoft's instructions, but I was under the impression that I didn't need to use portals, as I am making an app not a web page. Is there a different way of creating an IFrame component aside from the portal instructions? If so, can I get the rundown of how to apply it?

4 REPLIES 4
NickMerrick
Helper I
Helper I

by full view, you mean the sharepoint list page where you can sort and filter the column? If so why not just make a gallery and add filter text inputs and a sort button?

By Full View, I mean just an embedded window on the screen without opening a tab in an external browser (I want all of the user's view to be in the app itself). I'm doing this to bypass a formatting issue I am having with how loosely some of the admins fill out the sharepoint list, and because I found functionality to get links through the gallery for just specific items in the list (as in, I use power apps to filter for both the user and all of their orders, and then they select a specific order in that gallery, and then the idea is to have an IFrame that shows them that specific page for that specific order. I have already tested what the links look like, and its what I want it to be, but I still need to get the IFrame working)

Hi @QuoteOnQuote ,

I suggest you try the IFRAME component.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/developer/component-framework/sample-controls/iframe-con... 

Best Regards,

Bof

Unfortunately, I cannot use that download template, as I currently cannot use any coded components in my app (due to my organization's policies, they have toggled that option off in the environment they have shared with me, and I do not have administrative access to change it). I can, however, download power app files and import them that way, as that option has not been locked, but power apps does not specify what kind of file it takes in that part, nor am I finding any components online that seem to match it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,691)