cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

How to create multiple records in a Sharepoint List from 2 other Lists

Hi all,

On a Canvas App I'm trying to create multiple records on a Sharepoint List. On the screen I have a gallery pointing to one list with multiple records. For every item in that gallery I want to add the ID to another list, along with a variable (already known). I've attached a picture essentially explaining it. I've looked at creating a collection with a ForAll function embedded, but can't seem to get the syntax to work. Has anyone got a simple solution to this please?

Many thanks.

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

ForAll should be the way to go. I'm not sure what syntax you had, and I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to end up with, but something like this should work:

ForAll(Table2, Patch(CombinedTable, { Table1_ID : Table1.ID, Table2_ID : Table2.ID }))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

ForAll should be the way to go. I'm not sure what syntax you had, and I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to end up with, but something like this should work:

ForAll(Table2, Patch(CombinedTable, { Table1_ID : Table1.ID, Table2_ID : Table2.ID }))

View solution in original post

Helper III
Helper III

Excellent. Many thanks. 
Needed a little tweak, but works now. 

Regards 

paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (61,556)