Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

How to create multiple records in a Sharepoint List from 2 other Lists

Hi all,

On a Canvas App I'm trying to create multiple records on a Sharepoint List. On the screen I have a gallery pointing to one list with multiple records. For every item in that gallery I want to add the ID to another list, along with a variable (already known). I've attached a picture essentially explaining it. I've looked at creating a collection with a ForAll function embedded, but can't seem to get the syntax to work. Has anyone got a simple solution to this please?

Many thanks.

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

ForAll should be the way to go. I'm not sure what syntax you had, and I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to end up with, but something like this should work:

ForAll(Table2, Patch(CombinedTable, { Table1_ID : Table1.ID, Table2_ID : Table2.ID }))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

ForAll should be the way to go. I'm not sure what syntax you had, and I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to end up with, but something like this should work:

ForAll(Table2, Patch(CombinedTable, { Table1_ID : Table1.ID, Table2_ID : Table2.ID }))

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Excellent. Many thanks. 
Needed a little tweak, but works now. 

Regards 

paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,524)