cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjlovett
Frequent Visitor

How to create two custom edit forms for one library, to attach to two content types

Hello, hope someone can help.....

In SPD 2013 I was able to create two custom 'edit' forms for one library, associate them to two different content types, which also had a different template each.  I've come to PowerApps and I can't see how to create a second custom edit form, could someone assist please?  Assuming that's possible - also, how I would then associate each to my content types.

Many thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tjlovett
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the direction.

My solution has been to use one edit form and create two tabs (buttons) at the top. I need two versions of the form, so all the same columns, but one labelled in English and one labelled in French. I have basically duplicated each label or DataCardKey, overlapped them so they are in the same position, one has the English text, one has the French text and each is set to be visible either when the English or French tab is selected at the top. It works well.  Thank you. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

tjlovett
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the direction.

My solution has been to use one edit form and create two tabs (buttons) at the top. I need two versions of the form, so all the same columns, but one labelled in English and one labelled in French. I have basically duplicated each label or DataCardKey, overlapped them so they are in the same position, one has the English text, one has the French text and each is set to be visible either when the English or French tab is selected at the top. It works well.  Thank you. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,691)