cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

How to customize the welcome email while sharing an application for PowerApps

Hello everyone, good day. I am trying to customize the default email sent while sharing my PowerApps application with end users in PowerApps.

Can anyone please guide me to do so?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@PowerRanger 

Thanks for your reply.

I was just able to resolve this issue with the help of Power Automate by filling in the ID & type property in the Edit App Role Assignment action in PowerApps using Power Automate for App Makers as in the image below.

The key for this solution is to use:

"properties/NotifyShareTargetOption": "DoNotNotify" (this option disables sending the default welcome email)

Then I would send a custom email using the "Send an Email Notification" Action.

zuestpk_1-1603560057367.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @zuestpk ,

I don't think it is possible to customize the welcome email while sharing the app. I did a workaround previously by disabling the send email invitation when sharing with others option. I then create my own customised email where I copied the app link from app details for users to access the app. 

Hello @bluehoodie 

Thanks for your reply.

That's actually what I'm looking for, I also made another post on the Power Automate forums related to this.

However I'm not able to disable the email notification. can you please share the steps you have done to achieve this?

Thank you

Hi @zuestpk ,

I did a different method to assign roles, I use group email to assign to my users in the share app page. When you click on share app in powerapps, it will lead you to this page. Assign the users to the app, uncheck the "Send an email invitation to new users" at the bottom of this page. Hope it helps!

bluehoodie_1-1603553744372.png

Thanks for your reply @bluehoodie 

Unfortunately this approach would not help as we are trying to automate this process by using Power Automate.

@zuestpk 

Hi,

you could create an App which triggers a flow which uses the PowerApp For Makers (Power Apps for Makers - Connectors | Microsoft Docs) connection. Within the PowerApp you could use a PeoplePicker to select the persons for which you want to assign permission for and pass these to your flow. Within the flow you use The EditAppRoleAssignment (Power Apps for Makers - Connectors | Microsoft Docs) action to set the permissions. 

After the permission is set you can send out a custom mail via SendMail Action.

I haven't tried this yet but it should work.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@PowerRanger 

Thanks for your reply.

I was just able to resolve this issue with the help of Power Automate by filling in the ID & type property in the Edit App Role Assignment action in PowerApps using Power Automate for App Makers as in the image below.

The key for this solution is to use:

"properties/NotifyShareTargetOption": "DoNotNotify" (this option disables sending the default welcome email)

Then I would send a custom email using the "Send an Email Notification" Action.

zuestpk_1-1603560057367.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,530)