cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

How to delete number value of a SharePoint column?

I am developing a PowerApp with a sharepoint list. In the App you can edit a record. 
But if you once saved the record with different values for columns (for example *item name* = "Hello" and *number* = 5 ) I can't remove the value in the list. I can only change it but if I save it with an empty datacard, my list still has the previous value...

I tried setting the reversed function true, but the number was still in my SharePoint List.

How can I delete the value if the datacardvalue field is emptyed?

Thanks for your help!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Re: How to delete value of a SharePoint column?

Could you please explain your scenario further. so for example your Edit Form has 2 fields: ItemName and ItemNumber.

you enter ItemName = Product A and ItemNumber = 10 and submit the form. it saves the values in your SP list.

now you go and clear the value in ItemName  and submit the form again. it should clear the value in the SP list.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Every record has four ItemNames and each ItemName has a related number. Then I have a calculated column in my list that counts the numbers. If I clear the number value in my edit form it stays in my sharepoint list. And then Sum of the numbers is wrong because the values were not deleted.

Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

how is your case different than what I'm doing below:

1- I have employeeId =1, and on the right side, the Gallery is connected to my SP listbefore.PNG

2- now I delete the value in employeeID and resubmit the fromafter.PNG

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I honestly don't know. All values are deleted in my list with clearing the datacard except the number values and they are not required.. 

To save the changes I use: SubmitForm(EditForm1); Refresh(SharePointList1);

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@Edwin-Abdalian Is the column EmployeeID of the number type in your Sharepoint list?

Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Yes, it is.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,717)