cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcakhilnadh
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to deplopy a power app with sharepoint list as datasource into some environment under another domain?

How to export the SharePoint site with permissions to a new environment in a different domain?

• I have build a power app using data source as SharePoint list.
  • I have created custom groups and permissions.
  • I have multiple data sources but all resides in the same sharepoint site
  • How can I move this to another environment or another tenet?

I'm using online version of PowerApp and SharePoint.

4 REPLIES 4
BrianS
Super User
Super User

click on the three dots next to the name of the app you want to move in the Powerapps list. Select "Export package". You will be able to make a zip file of the app. You can then go to the tenant that will receive the app and Import it from the top menu bar in Powerapps. For the data sources, you will need to recreate them in the new tenant.

schuess3
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi @pcakhilnadh ,

Am I correct in assuming you are asking how to move the SharePoint lists as well? If so, the standard app export process will only bring your app and the connections, however you will need an alternate way of moving (re-creating the SP Lists) .

I would suggest PowerShell to create the SharePoint lists. Checkout 

Export-PnPListToSiteTemplate

pcakhilnadh
Helper IV
Helper IV

@schuess3  Does it also export the groups and permissions along with SP List? or just the data. It is not clear from the link you posted

BrianS
Super User
Super User

You will need to do that manually. PowerApps is young, much of this is still being figured out. Also - the vast majority of the time you will be moving the app to a tenant with different users, so that could not be automated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,265)