cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pp_user_21

How to design dataverse - How to get information in a table through more than one relationship

Hi everyone, 

I need support from you. I have problems of collecting data in my solution the way I need it. I will describe you the goal, the solution and then explain my problems. My questions are:

• Can you help me with my design?
  • Is there another way the goal should be achieved in power apps?
  • Can you help me with the problems specified below?

Solution Goal

I want to create a time-booking app where users can only make bookings for projects that they are assigned to. I previously built this with a relational database and know how I cant get everything I want in SQL. But I have problems transferring the model to a powerapps solution.

Solution

This is an abstract overview on my entities:

pp_user_21_3-1637053568997.png

The solution consists of two apps: 

1. Modeldriven for project-management topics (importing new data, managing users and projects, processing data). 
    1. I went for a modeldriven app here because of the "bigger" UI, table-like work experience (editable grids) and easy import and export using excel. I found it hard to have an excel interface for canvas apps.
  2. Canvas app for users for timebooking (will likely be used on a mobile device)

Issues

1. As you can see there is an (hour) budget on a project. When a user is making a booking for an assignment it is not allowed to be greater than the available restbudget: restbudget = project_budget - sum(what was booked so far).  My problem is -how do I get the restbudget-calculation on a Booked_Hours level? I tried to use a rollup-column in the Project-Entity but I always get 0 as result:
    1. Select Project-entity
    2. Select Booked_Hours as connected entity
    3. Aggregate: Sum(Hours)
  2. I want to display project-information in the canvas app for the timebookings so the gallery of booked hours can be filtered for specific information - I cannot reach the columns from project when I'm on Booked-Hours level for the gallery items.
  3. What am I doing wrong?
  4. Is it not possible to transfer the entity-model to dataverse/powerapps?
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,799)