cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atray13
Helper III
Helper III

How to display a decimal number as a percentage

How can you display a decimal number as a percentage on power apps? For example in this screen shot i have a label where the text value is "0.5", and i would want this to show up as 50%.

Even when the text value is "50%" it still shows up as 0.5 (which wouldn't be of any use anyway but still i have not found a way to display as percentage at all).

I have tried using the text and textformat functions to format it as a percentage to no avail.image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@atray13 
You can use the TEXT function to format a number in PowerApps

Text(0.5,"0%")

Link to TEXT function documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-text

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@atray13 
You can use the TEXT function to format a number in PowerApps

Text(0.5,"0%")

Link to TEXT function documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-text

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Great that has worked thank you!

DCNehs
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, perhaps someone can help here.  I tried using this solution but it's showing there is an error.  I'm guessing the math equation is possibly throwing it off?  I'm trying to get the "real time" value to show like 11.76%.  The calculated column where it's saving to looks ok, but i cant get it to match here. 

"Real time value " & (COSellPriceValue - LocalCostValue) / COSellPriceValue,"0%")

percentage error.jpgpercentage.jpg

I'm a bit shocked, but it's true, once you start getting a better understanding and can start even looking stuff up, sometimes you can figure it out....of course with the help of older posts 🙂

I DID IT!!

"Real time value "
&
RoundUp((Value(COSellPriceValue.Text)
- Value(LocalCostValue.Text))
/ Value(COSellPriceValue.Text)
* 100,2)

realtimevalue.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,922)