cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amralomari
Helper III
Helper III

How to display data from lookup column in powerApps

I'm building a system to follow up with material quantities in my store, so I have a list with all the materials with a unique number for each material and another list with a lookup column where the user enters the unique number and immediately info. related to this unique number are shown.

applying this to powerApps, I created an edit form, when choosing a number the other data related to this number doesn't show in the fields!

how it's displayed after chosing a numberhow it's displayed after chosing a number

Here is how it appears in the app!

highlited are the lookup columnshighlited are the lookup columns

here is the list, the highlighted columns are the lookup columns (the first one is the lookup and the 2 next it are related to it)

4 REPLIES 4
Mr-Dang-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @amralomari ,

If I'm understanding correctly:

• You have a combo box you use for searching and selecting a unique number for each material.
  • You have a form where you want to show the lookup information for the number selected in the combo box.

Some questions:

• Select the form control and go to its Item property. What is that set to?
  • Select the individual data cards in the form. What is the Default property of each set to?

Thanks a lot, Mr @Mr-Dang-MSFT for your reply

when I've inserted the edit form it created this box (which I can't search in it until now ":D) and assumed the info will appear in the form.

The box item property is:

Choices([@'Formulation store log'].Search_x0020_for_x0020_Q_x002e_C)

and one of the card's property is :

Choices([@'Formulation store log'].Search_x0020_for_x0020_Q_x002e_C1)

Hi @amralomari ,

To clarify, the form control can show the information for a row in a table. It has an Item property that you set to a record that you look up (row). In your case, you want to set it to the record selected in the combo box at the top, assuming it is tied to the entire row of the table.

Select the form control (the entire thing, e.g. EditForm1, not just one field). Set its Item property to:

Combobox_name.Selected

The form will be in the context of the row that is picked from the combo box/drop down menu. Change combobox_name to the name of the control at the top that you use for searching and picking.

Select the form. Select a data card in the form for one of the lookup columns; a data card is the box that holds the controls for each field. Go to its Default property; this determines the value it shows. What is appearing?

Dear Mr. @Mr-Dang-MSFT 

when trying to edit the item property of the whole form it gives me an error

Untitled.jpg

for the cards they are 

Choices([@'Formulation store log'].Search_x0020_for_x0020_Q_x002e_C)

and 

Filter(Choices([@'Formulation store log'].Search_x0020_for_x0020_Q_x002e_C1), Id = DataCardValue29.Selected.Id)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,451)