cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sukie
Helper I
Helper I

How to display diffrent color for different table in model driven app?

Hi everybody,

I have no idea what it is talking about changing table color in model driven app in this article.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/create-themes-organization-brandi...

As it says:

We recommend that you don’t use a large number of different colors. Although you can set a different color for every table, we recommend one of two patterns:

• Make all tables in neutral colors and highlight the key tables.

• Use the same color for similar tables or related tables, such as queue and queue item, or product catalog tables. Keep the total number of groups low.

Is that means I can display table in different color?

But there is no options to set this in Settings -> Advanced settings -> Customizations -> Themes.

And I can not find anything when I googled it.

Could anyone tell me is that a document miss or we could set different color for different table?

Thank you very much!

Any web resource would be appreciated!

Best Regards.

- sukie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianS
Super User
Super User

The Theme provides a default set of colors for all the objects you create. All of these can be changed thru the list of properties for that object. Once you select an object you can use the dropdown on the left or the properties panel on the right of the Powerapps builder to change the values. PA_Tables.JPG

Heading Fill will be the color of the bar behind the Title of each column, Heading Size will control the size of the Type in the heading bar.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BrianS
Super User
Super User

The table should have a set of Border colors and a set of Heading colors. That is where you would change the color of individual tables. You can set variables to make it easier to assign a set of colors, or you can just use the Hex codes or the RGB values.

Hi @BrianS,

Thank you for your reply!

But I still do not understand what are you saying about. 😭 Could you please give me some screenshot? I do not have any image in my mind......

The MS document says "Although you can set a different color for every table", I think it means when I display a table (A) in model-driven app, I can see the table color is green (although I do not know where to display the green color, maybe, when I create a new row?), and when I display table (B), it display the table B in red by someway.

In the theme edit form, there are the default colors for all tables, there are no individual setting for one specific table.😭

BrianS
Super User
Super User

The Theme provides a default set of colors for all the objects you create. All of these can be changed thru the list of properties for that object. Once you select an object you can use the dropdown on the left or the properties panel on the right of the Powerapps builder to change the values. PA_Tables.JPG

Heading Fill will be the color of the bar behind the Title of each column, Heading Size will control the size of the Type in the heading bar.

View solution in original post

Hi @BrianS,

I finally understand what you said !

The "table" of "Although you can set a different color for every table," is a UI control.

Because the word "Entity" is shown in the Theme setting I thought the word "table" means "Entity".....

theme-gentle-green2.png

I totally misunderstood the document.

Thank you very much!! It's very kind of you!

Best Regards.

- sukie

BrianS
Super User
Super User

Glad I could help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,146)